KGaA – a corporate structure that is both stable and flexible 

hornbach-holding-unternehmen-KGaA-Rechtsform

KGaA – a corporate structure that is both stable and flexible 

HORNBACH Holding AG & Co. KGaA is the parent company of the HORNBACH Group. It does not have any retail operations itself but rather acts as the holding company for HORNBACH Baumarkt AG, HORNBACH Immobilien AG, and HORNBACH Baustoff Union GmbH. 

The HORNBACH Holding AG & Co. KGaA share is listed in the SDAX. This way, HORNBACH combines the dynamism of a publicly listed company with the long-term mindset of a family company. This approach has shaped our activities to date. 

Status: Annual Report 2021/22

Status: Annual Report 2021/22

In a partnership limited by shares (Kommanditgesellschaft auf Aktien – KGaA), total capital is attributable to personally liable shareholders (general partners) and to other shareholders (limited shareholders) who are only liable in the amount of their capital contribution (shares). HORNBACH Holding AG & Co. KGaA is a partnership limited by shares whose general partner is a stock corporation (Aktiengesellschaft – AG). It is a trading company and thus a merchant as defined in the German Commercial Code (Handelsgesetzbuch – HGB). 

HORNBACH Holding AG & Co. KGaA is represented by its General Partner, namely HORNBACH Management AG, which also manages the KGaA’s business. The Board of Management of HORNBACH Management AG comprises Albrecht Hornbach (CEO) and Karin Dohm (CFO).

Board of Management

The anchor shareholder of HORNBACH Holding AG & Co. KGaA is Hornbach Familien-Treuhandgesellschaft mbH. As of February 28, 2022, this held an unchanged total of 100 percent of the share capital of HORNBACH Management AG and 37.5 percent of the share capital of the KGaA. The remaining 62.5 percent of the shares in the KGaA are held by institutional investors in particular.