stage

Real estate activities of the HORNBACH Group

The HORNBACH Group uses retail properties with surfaces totaling 1,918,354 m² as DIY stores with garden centers.The HORNBACH Group has an overriding strategy of ensuring that – measured in terms of sales areas and also accounting for potential sale and leaseback transactions – it owns at least half of the real estate used for operating purposes. At the balance sheet date on February 28, 2021, this share amounted to around 60% (2019/20: 60%). The remaining 40% (2019/20: 40%) of sales areas (including finance leases) are rented from third parties (38%). In individual cases (2%), only the land has been leased (hereditary lease). In addition, HORNBACH Immobilien AG and HORNBACH Baumarkt AG both hold a number of purchase options entitling them to acquire further land at first-class locations in Germany and abroad. Moreover, group companies also already own pieces of land in Germany and abroad which are earmarked for use as retail locations.

  No. of stores Sales area
m2
Share
%
Property of HORNBACH Baumarkt AG subgroup 53 628,464 32.8
Property of HORNBACH Immobilien AG subgroup 43 516,763 26.9
Total property owned 96 1,145,227 59.7
Land rented, buildings owned 4 34,968 1.8
Operating lease 63 738,159 38.5
Total 163 1,918,354 100.0

(Differences due to rounding up or down)

As well as managing and maintaining existing properties, HORNBACH Immobilien AG is also responsible for developing new locations. That is why its strong team of internationally experienced real estate specialists is permanently on the lookout for first-class locations, i.e. top-quality properties from around 30,000 square meters upwards located in the catchment areas of metropolitan regions and large cities.

HORNBACH Immobilien AG
Astrid Schlosser
Hornbachstraße 11
76879 Bornheim bei Landau
Phone: +49 6348 / 6000
Fax: +49 6348 / 60 4000
E-Mail: expansion@hornbach.com

Related Topics

Share price

We use a third-party service to embed stock quotes and the stock chart. This service may collect data about your activities. Please accept to view this content.

Accept

News

  • Ad-hoc announcement: Board of Management resolves share buyback for employee share program 2021

  • Hornbach Foundation “People in Need” helps flood victims

Contact

Calendar

HORNBACH Holding
Half-Year Financial Report 2021/2022 as of August 31, 2021
HORNBACH Baumarkt
Half-Year Financial Report 2021/2022 as of August 31, 2021

Mediaservices

Order service Newsletter

Media center