Numerous requirements have to be adhered to when trading and selling products. We have introduced a number of measures to comply with these legal requirements and to offer high-quality, safe products to our customers:
- We check the products in terms of their safety, harmful substances, and their fitness for use.
- We have our suppliers audited and inspect the merchandise both during production and prior to shipment.
- We supervise the loading of the merchandise into the containers.
- The merchandise in the containers is inspected again upon arrival at our logistics centers.
- We regularly visit stores in all of our regions to take specimen examples for inspection. These inspections are performed by certified independent testing institutes.
We comply with the requirements both of the European Union (EC Declaration of Conformity) and of the German Product Safety Act (ProdSG). We also take the requirements for CE marking and “Certified Safety” (GS) labeling seriously.
However, our quality promise goes one step further beyond legal requirements. We insist on compliance with minimum social standards at our manufacturers and suppliers and on the principle of equal opportunity.
Protecting the environment is a further component of our quality promise. We only import FSC-certified tropical timber, or timber from sustainable European production. When importing natural stone, we ensure that the stone comes from companies not offering hand-hewn merchandise.
Get more information in our CSR policy: PDF (3.61 MB)
Personnel-related matter: Karin Dohm to join Boards of Management at Hornbach Baumarkt AG and at Hornbach Management AG
Ad-hoc announcement: Hornbach Group expects significant earnings growth in second quarter of 2020/21 as well and adjusts full-year outlook