dcsimg
stage

Real estate activities of the HORNBACH Group

The HORNBACH Group has an extensive real estate portfolio. This chiefly consists of retail properties with surfaces totaling 1,821,807 m² that are used as DIY stores with garden centers.

The HORNBACH Group has an overriding strategy of ensuring that – measured in terms of sales areas and also accounting for potential sale and leaseback transactions – it owns at least half of the real estate used for operating purposes. At the balance sheet date on February 28, 2018, this share amounted to around 57 % (2016/17: 57 %). The remaining 43 % (2016/17: 43 %) of sales areas (including finance leases) are rented from third parties (41 %). In individual cases (2 %), only the land has been leased (hereditary lease). In addition, HORNBACH Immobilien AG and HORNBACH Baumarkt AG both hold a number of purchase options entitling them to acquire further land at first-class locations in Germany and abroad. Moreover, group companies also already own pieces of land in Germany and abroad which are earmarked for use as retail locations.

 No. of storesSales area
m2
Share
%
Property owned   
HORNBACH Baumarkt AG subgroup45527,99529,0
HORNBACH Immobilien AG subgroup43507,38427.9
Subtotal of property owned881,035,37956.9
Land rented, buildings owned434,9681.9
Operating lease53601.62433.0
Finance lease11149.8368.2
Total1561.821.807100.0

(Differences due to rounding up or down)

Related Topics

Share price

News

  • Hornbach Group meets earnings forecast and forges ahead with multichannel retail

  • Voting Rights Announcement: Hornbach Holding AG & Co. KGaA // Deutsche Asset Management Investment GmbH

Contact

Calendar

HORNBACH Holding
Financial Update: 1st Quarter of 2018/2019 as of May 31, 2018
HORNBACH Baumarkt
Financial Update: 1st Quarter of 2018/2019 as of May 31, 2018

Mediaservices

RSS Order service Newsletter

Media center